Saturday, January 19, 2013

Getting the New Year Started!

 Well, I think I am actually ready to start the New Year. One of the things on my list was blogging. I might only get to it once a week, but I really do miss it so I'm trying to get back to it. It's been a crazy month already. We spent the first week with a stomach bug. It really knocked us out and ruined all of my ambitious plans to start the New Year off with a productive week! Thankfully, we all survived!

 The next week we spent getting ready for Jonathan's 7th birthday. My first baby that I got to bring home from the hospital at 2 days old. How did he get to be 7?? We celebrated with a Peanut Butter cake, because he is a PB nutcase. I'm talking, if anyone in our family was ever diagnosed as allergic to peanuts this kid would pack his back and move to grandmas without a backward glance. :) The cake was ok. The kids loved it, but it was a bit much for my taste.
He loves spy stuff and comes up with the most elaborate missions! He was overjoyed to get so much spy gear. It's been one mission after another since then.


Our last big thing for the month was finding out that number 7 due in May/June will be a boy! Above is Lily with his Build A  Bear.We used this to tell the kids they were getting a new baby brother! They were thrilled.  His name is Gideon Nathaniel which means Strong Warrior, Gift from God! Fits him perfectly!
We are excited about starting a new year. I am really excited now that I actually have some energy to get stuff done! Hoping to share some of my upcoming projects here in the next few weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back! Blessings on the new addition. Mrs. W