Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fitting them all in...

This is the closet system I made up for Lily and Gideon. Our house is a bit crowded at the moment and I don't have a room to move Lily into so for now she is staying put in our room. Gideon will be nursing exclusively so he needs to be in our room as well. I found the bookshelves with the tension rods idea on Pinterest and then my vision expanded to the cubbies. I really think it's going to work out. I need to organize it a little better, but you can get the general idea here.
I'm 35w pregnant right now and have much to do to finish this room. I can't believe how close we are getting to the actual day I will be holding my little warrior. I keep praying that God will make me into a better mom. I've seen Him work so much in me just in the last 7-9 years of being a mom. We just celebrated our 7th adoption day! I look back on the overwhelmed, inpatient mommy I was then and am thankful that while still overwhelmed and sometimes inpatient, I have learned to delight in my children. When I find myself not being a joyful mother of children I try to remedy it by going to God and asking him to make me joyful, loving, and kind. To make me delight in my children. Usually not long after that I will find myself just thrilled to be sitting in the same room with them and talking. To laugh at their jokes and antics. To connect with them. God always answers this prayer for me and I'm so thankful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a joy, Julie, to see God working in us and through us. It is also a joy to know that God knows the parent we are when He gives us each of our children, with all our foibles and He can work with us and through us at whatever stage of development we are. How blessed we are. Thanks for your sweet post. God bless, Maria at Delight Directed Living

Anonymous said...

Wow, I loose your blog for a year and what do you do, but decided to go have another baby!!! Congratulations, friend!!! I'm so happy for you all. (I hope you remember me :o)
I just wanted to let you know that we have plans to head down your way the first of September and would LOVE to get together!!! Praying for a safe, healthy, natural delivery for Momma and baby!!!