Tuesday, June 07, 2011

In the Kitchen - Helpers

One of my go to items in the kitchen is this seasoning blend. It has green and red peppers, onions, and parsley. It's great for eggs and omlets. I've used it for chicken dishes and meatloaves before as well. I used it for chicken burritos the other day. It's very versatile and let's face it at around a dollar or less a bag it's cheaper than peppers.
I'm a huge fan of frozen vegetables. If I can get it fresh I will, but frozen works for me. I'm not going to buy and prep fresh broccoli for this family. We love the frozen stuff. I buy corn fresh when it's on sale, but certain frozen corns are just as good. I don't buy carrots frozen. I can't find any frozen carrots as good making it fresh. For the most part I also buy all of my squash fresh, though I have found that Publix has good frozen squash in a pinch.
I'm starting to buy frozen fruit. With summer here it's been nice to have the fresh fruit, but I also found it's nice to have some in the freezer for smoothies and now to add to my yogurt. Yep, I'm back to making yogurt and I can't figure out why I ever stopped! It's so good.
Do you have any foods that make your meal prep a little easier?

This post is part of Homemaking Link Up day at Raising Homemakers.

3 comments:

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

I'm hoping that our 12 pepper plants will produce a good harvest. I plan to chop and freeze them (some with onions) for easy add-ins to eggs and meatloaf, just like you do. I never thought about adding parsley, but with it growing so well in my daughter's herb garden I might just have to try adding that to it as well. Thanks for the idea!

Julie said...

I have about 6 pepper plants but nothing is growing on them. Every year I plant and get about 2 peppers. LOL One day my crop will come in and I will make my own seasoning blend.

Stratford Office Cleaning said...

This is aawesome