Wednesday, June 01, 2011

One Little Corner - Bedroom Edition

Who knew getting a picture post up would be so hard? I finally got these pictures taken this morning. It's mostly Lily's corner in my bedroom, with my corner thrown in and a special project from Jonathan (5).
This is part of Lily's corner in our room. I just came up with the idea of putting up the cards we got when she was born as decorations. It's only been about a year. Yeah, I'm so on top of things. LOL This does go to show, though, with just a little imagination you can create something really cute for little to no money.
Of course her 1st birthday is coming up so we will have some new cute cards to add to the collection.
Here is Lily's bed and her toys and dirty clothes basket. All of my babies have slept in pack n plays until they moved to their own room. The "L" on the left was made by my friend Christina and has a lot of hair bows, also made by Christina. She can't wear them yet, poor little bald baby. The "L" on the right was painted for her at a pottery place by her daddy a few months before she was born. I have some ideas for the wall over her bed, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.
This is my corner. I sit here and nurse Lily, I read my Bible, I read my book by Elizabeth George, I talk to my hubby. It's a nice corner. Behind the chair are some diapers in bigger sizes and a box of extra baby toiletries.
Jonathan made my bed this morning. He said I did not know how to make it so he better do it for me. :) Guess what? I did not go back and remake it. It makes me smile every time I walk into my room. He loves to make my bed.

What one little corner can you make beautiful today?

I linked this post at Raising Homemakers for Link Up day. If you have never visited their site it's full of wonderful tips and ideas for raising up our little girls.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Awww I love that your little boy made your bed. My boys like doing that as well. I figure that if someday they are married their wives will love it if they already know how to make a bed.