Friday, May 13, 2011

Part one is complete


Titus 2:3-5 says Older women are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self controlled, pure, working at home, kind and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

When I started my journey as a wife in 2000, a homemaker in 2003, and a mother in 2004 I knew who I wanted to be. I wanted to be the Titus 2 woman. Yes, I love Mrs. Proverbs 31, but I figured I would work my way to her. :)
I was so happy to have the above verses. To have my priorities laid out so nicely.
In the last few years I have lost sight of these priorities. Every day has been a struggle for me.
I am so happy to say that I am getting back in the groove.
I am hoping to use this blog now to chronicle my journey with Titus 2. God has made me to be a wife, mother, and homemaker. To be pure, self controlled, hard working. To be an example to the younger women. To be an example to my own daughters.
I wanted a fresh start so I moved all of my old posts to Keepers At Home The Beginning. If you look in the side bar there is a link.
I'm excited. On Monday I will roll out my first project in homemaking.
This weekend I will be putting up some links to help us on the journey and a sermon by the pastor of the new church we are attending.
I can't wait to see where this journey takes us.

Until next time,
Julie

No comments: